Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Zombie Cake!

The same friends who asked for the Army Cake wanted me to do a Zombie Cake for their other son's 15th birthday. I originally wanted to do a carved cake but again, time escaped me (I was only in town for about 4 days out of 14 and knew I just couldn't devote time to it). So I made a sheet cake and made a cemetery scene on top.

The cake is actually red velvet (although you can't tell). I wanted them to be surprised when they cut into it and it was blood red. The top is covered in chocolate buttercream and then I tinted coconut to look like grass. I did a little carving of the cake. There's a little hill on the left side of the cake (where the zombie dog stands) and then it slopes down to the end of the road. The road is graham crackers and Oreos pulverized and then sprinkled on.

I made the cemetery gates and the spooky trees using my Cricut machine and heavyweight black cardstock. The headstones are made of chocolate and the zombies themselves are glow in the dark plastic figurines. I liked the idea of having "toys" on the cake so at least they had something to play with after the cake was gone. I purchased them online and they arrived in the nick of time.

I am really quite proud of this cake. My friends were blown away by it, too. It made me happy that they loved it so much. Especially since I'm just starting out with the cake decorating.

Please add me on Facebook or contact me if you've got an idea for a cake (or cupcakes or cookies, etc) that you'd like for your next party or gathering. I'm open to almost anything and my prices are reasonable. I live in Minneapolis, but can deliver (or schedule a pick up) to almost anywhere in the Twin Cities area. We can discuss the fee for delivery if needed.

Enjoy the Zombie Cake!







No comments:

Post a Comment